It seems more and more general dentist are referring their patients who need Root Canals to specialists known as “Endodontists”. At Oregon Family Dental we provide many services including root canals. This benefits our patients in several ways:
- No need for a referral and additional exam charges by the endodontist.
- Usually more cost effective (to the patients) to be done by a General Dentist vs. a specialist.
Please keep in mind that an x-ray and exam are required to determine if we can perform endodontic treatment for you. Certain criteria may require Dr. Park to refer you to specialist. If a referral is needed, we have several local Endodontist that we trust wholeheartedly in providing care for our patients.
eugene root canal endodontist
Common causes for the need of endodontic treatment:
- Inflamed/infected tooth pulp
- Severe sensitivity to hot and cold elements
- Tooth decay
- Chipped or broken tooth
- Blow to the tooth
- Swelling or tenderness near the infected tooth
- Repeated dental procedures on a tooth
A common misconception is that a root canal is an uncomfortable procedure. Actually, root canals are similar to having a cavity filled, producing minimal discomfort.