Dentures & Partial Dentures can be used to replace missing or damaged teeth. At Oregon Family Dental we work, hand in hand, with reputable local laboratories to create beautiful dentures that are customized to your desire. Your dentures will be made with natural looking teeth that will not only benefit your appearance but your overall health.
It may take some time to adjust to your dentures. Speaking and eating may feel different at first, but these regular activities will resume normally once you are accustomed to your dentures.
Complete dentures are artificial, removable replacements for the natural teeth of the upper or lower jaw or both.
- Upper denturesUpper dentures are held in place by a vacuum created between your appliance and the palate of your mouth.
- Lower denturesLower dentures are horseshoe-shaped to accommodate the tongue, and, due to lack of suction, are often held in place by implants placed in the jaw for support.
Partial dentures are removable appliances that replace missing teeth by attaching via a metal framework to your natural teeth.
Caring for your removable appliances:
- Brush your dentures daily with a soft-bristled tooth brush. (Don’t forget to brush your gums and tongue as well.)
- While not being worn, keep your dentures in denture solution and/or water (not hot) to prevent warping.
- Handle with care and keep out of the reach of children and pets
- If your dentures become loose, chips, breaks or cracks please call our office to schedule an appointment for repair.